On September 27, in Veliko Tarnovo, a meeting of the members of the Bulgarian Defense Industry Association was held with representatives of the Bulgarian Armed Forces.
As a result of the discussions, the following areas of mutual interest were outlined:
- 1. Bodies and organizations in the Ministry of Defense and the Bulgarian Army working in the field of education and science can become a natural bridge between the needs of the Armed Forces Types and the capabilities of the Bulgarian Defense Industry.
- 2. The members of the SBOI have established study rooms at the NGOs and the Institute of Defense, which need to be developed and maintained for the purpose of training cadets and scientific personnel in the interest of both the MoD and the BA and the defense industry.
- 3. It is necessary to coordinate, organize and conduct training of cadets and active soldiers, sergeants and officers with regard to products and systems manufactured by the Bulgarian industry, incl. but not only, the use of: light weapons, bulletproof vests, helmets, optics, anti-drone systems, engineered ammunition and more.
- 4. To insist on the implementation of the Strategy for development of the Bulgarian defence-technological industrial base and the Strategy for research and technology in security and defence in the following areas, but not only:
- Securing research funding in the interests of security and defence from the Scientific Research Fund;
- Participation of companies in the defence industry in the process of preparing the requirements for delivery of goods and services for MoD and Bulgarian Army;
- Initiating proposals to change the Public Procurement Act, taking into account the EU’s security and defence Regulations and NATO’s requirements in this field. As a minimum of amendments to be offered, but not only, such as to emphasize the cases when a Bulgarian company participates in a procedure for the delivery of products and services for the Ministry of Interior and Business, offered up to 20% higher price than the foreign companies involved in the procedure, The same Bulgarian company to be determined as the winner and the relevant contract for realization to be concluded with it.